"FlatNose" Platform Decks
Currently shipping to the United States only.
The FlatNose Platform is a precision laser cut set of decks for RACECAR/J. The decks hold the computer, sensors, motor controller and other electronics for the Perception Sled. This is the two Decks only, no mounting hardware.
The FlatNose Platform comes pre-drilled for mounting on a TRAXXAS Slash 4x4. There are mounting points on the Lower Deck for:
- NVIDIA® Jetson™ TK1, TX1 or TX2 Development Kits
- NVIDIA® Jetson™ Xavier NX Development Kits
- SparkFun® 9DoF IMU (Sen140001)/Artemis DEV16832
- VESC motor controller
- Each platform has a mounting point for a camera using a standard 1/4" 20 mount
- Slamtec® RPLIDAR A2 laser range scanner
- Standoffs for mounting the Upper Deck
The FlatNose Platform is made from DuPont's Delrin. Delrin is polyoxymethylene (POM), an engineering thermoplastic characterized by its high strength, hardness and rigidity. This makes it perfect for the rugged environment where the RACECAR/J is expected to perform.
Dimensions and Weight:
- Lower Platform: 15"L x 7"W x 0.193"D (38.1cm x 17.78cm x 4.7625mm)
- Upper Platform: 13"L x 5.5"W x 0.193"D (33.0cm x 14cm x 4.7625mm)
- Platform Weight (combined): 1lb 4oz (567gm)
Notes: The Platform Decks are delivered as individual parts
Delrin is a tough engineering plastic, but is prone to scratching. Because the Delrin is delivered as an unprotected sheet before starting the laser cutting process, there are typically light scratches on the surface. Do not expect a piano gloss finish, but rather something that is tough and durable!
The manufacturing tolerance of the thickness of each deck is 0.174" - 0.212" ( 4.4 - 5.4mm )
By the way, the ruler is not included.